Search This Blog

Sunday, November 10, 2013

My Life with the Chimpanzees


Book: My Life with the Chimpanzees

Author: Jane Goodall
Number of Pages Read: 156/156

    The main character in my novel is Jane Goodall. Goodall is very patient and kind. She is very fond of animals and now that she has mostly retired she is an environmentalist. Jane cares a lot about animals and nature and her whole life has been centered upon helping and preserving wildlife and nature. She is not very tall and she had blonde hair. (It is grey now) She grew up in England but moved to France when she was five. The intent of her parents was to teach her french. Sadly, they only lived in France for a few months before they had to move back to England because of World War II. She has spent big parts of her life in Gombe, and she started a research center there.
"Gradually, as the weeks went by, I began to recognize more and more chimpanzees as individuals. Some, like Goliath, William, and old Flo, I got to know well, because David Greybeard sometimes brought them with him when he visited camp. I always had a a supply of bananas ready in case the chimps arrived." (Goodall 71)

No comments:

Post a Comment