Search This Blog

Monday, November 11, 2013

Non-fiction Book - Anne Frank

For my non-fiction book, I am reading "The Diary of a Young Girl" (which is Anne Frank's diary). So far, I have read 92 pages out of 335 pages. In the book, Anne Frank talks about her life in the Secret Annexe, where she lived for about two years. She says that she never had a real friend, and the closest things to her as real friends were her cat, Moortje, and her diary, which she named "Kitty." In the very first page of her diary she wrote; "I hope I will be ale to confide everything to you, as I've never been able to confide in anyone, and I hope you will be a great source of comfort and support." (Frank 1) Even though she never had a true (close) friend, she had lots of good friends at her school, and an equal amount of male admirers.  When she started writing her diary, she was 13 years old. She received the diary for her 13th birthday (1942), and she was born on June 12th, 1929. As to er physical traits, Anne does not make any remarks on her looks, nor does she mention much about any physical traits of hers, although she does mention that she has a lot of admirers. So, I think that everyone thought she was pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment