Search This Blog

Friday, November 15, 2013

My Life with the Chimpanzees

Blog Post #3
My Life with the Chimpanzees by Jane Goodall
I have read 156/156 pages.
  The conflict in my book is...I'm not really sure what conflict it is, actually. It can be Man vs. Man because people fight over things related to nature and environmentalists and people who want to destroy nature also fight, though not physically. It might also be Man vs. Nature, because many want to decrease the amount of nature, but I doubt it. It can also be Man vs. Self, because it is also an internal conflict about what to do about pollution and other world issues. The conflict was introduced in ca. the last 50 pages, after Goodall had talked about her life. The entire 1/3 of the book was dedicated to talking about what you can do for the environment, what needs to be done and telling amazing story about nature and wildlife. I would react the same way to this conflict over pollution, nature and wildlife as Jane Goodall. She has dedicated a huge part of her life to these problems, from she was 26, to her current age of 79 years. She has never stopped fighting for nature and I don't think she will ever stop. It will never stop. It's not like one day, everyone will decide that we should just get rid of nature. No, and Jane Goodall has a big part in that decision, even if it is in the future.
  I am not sure if this conflict will ever be solved, but I think everyone hope it will be solved in a good way.
  "If a chimpanzee can reach out and help a human, then surely we humans can reach out and try to help the chimpanzees and all the other creatures we live with in the world today. This is what I am trying to do. I hope you will help me." (Goodall 121)

2 comments:

  1. I liked the quotation a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I really like your blog and the conflict of the book sounds excellent. I wish I read the book too!

    ReplyDelete