Search This Blog

Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Life with the Chimpanzees

Blog Post #4, Andrea J
Author:Jane Goodall
Pages Read:156/156

The main obstacle for the main character would be when she got an opportunity to work in Africa, but as a paleontologist, which means that she couldn't work with live animals. Jane Goodall overcame this obstacle by working her way up and then proposing the idea of studying chimpanzees closer to her boss. Goodall was the first person ever to do this much and serious studying of the chimpanzees. I could apply this to my life because the problem is just not having the chance to do something. Goodall worked her way around the obstacle and found a solution.
"'I've been waiting for you to tell me that,' he said, his eyes twinkling. 'Why did you think I talked about those chimpanzees to you?' He told me that it didn't matter about my lack of experience or my lack of a degree. He wanted to send someone who had a mind "uncluttered by theories," someone who would watch carefully and record accurately."

No comments:

Post a Comment