Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Non-fiction post #2 Edith's story

Guus (standing)(Edith's oldest brother)
Hidle (siting in the center) (Edith's mum)
Jules (crouching in the left corner)(Edith's
other older brother, younger by 3 from
Guus but older by 2 years from Edith)
Edith (infront of the lamp)
Fifi (dog)

Edith's story is written by Edith Velmans and I have read 180/238.


Edith is...

  • Energetic
She skates during the winter. During the summer she rows, sails, swims. The whole year round she cycles.
  • Selfish (she calls herself) 
"Guilty, I thought it was probably my fault, because I was so selfishly preoccupied with my own life" (Velmans 30)
  • Positive
"'The war's going to be over soon, you'll see." (Velmans 100)
  • Courages
"Carefully I started removing the yellow stars from all the articles of clothing we were taking with us" (Velmans 99). You were not supposed to take the star of your clothes, if you did you would be punished.

"'Courage. I know you have lots of it. Always look for the sunshine.'" (Velmans 148)

2 comments:

  1. You used a lot of examples and they were of good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post.You really described the main character well by given examples and also the book sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete