Search This Blog

Sunday, November 17, 2013



Blog Post #3

The Motorcycle Diaries

Written by: Ernesto “Che” Guevara

75/ 165

The conflict in my story is not just one specific issue, but many. But I would have to say that the problems he faced are either Man vs. Nature or Man vs. Man. I will show examples to demonstrate both. Ernesto and his friend Alberto have to face the biggest natural issue of all; the dreadful wind that pains them to even talk about it. On the nights they have no place to stay, the stay outside, naturally on the beach. Since they are close to the water, the wind picks up more water, splatting them with grim cold. The Man vs. Man issue is just finding a kind enough soul to spare their resources for their important needs. And also, Ernesto took advantage of a married woman. The women lived with her husband when Ernesto and Alberto asked them to let them stay in their comfortable house. They had a party the same night and invited their guests to come. There was dancing and mate. She was drunk and could barely walk. He was taking her to his room when the husband found them. They began to fight and the man pushed Ernesto and his friend Alberto out of their house. A lot of times in this book, "CHE" mentions the fact that Chilean women are beautiful and I think this would get him into trouble.
I don't think I will ever face the second problem the first problem, no doubt about it. But I think I would be better prepared than them. For first, I would either plan to go by ship or plane. If that is not doable then I would go in a car, rather than a motorcycle. I would make sure to have more than enough supply and mark where "hotels" are rather than hoping they would luck into the situation that someone would be nice enough to let them stay. I think less people would get into these problems because things have changed since that long ago; better resources, better transportation, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment