Search This Blog

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Steve Jobs #5


When I was told that our book report was meant to be non fictional there were two names that popped up in my head, and these were Steve Jobs, and Bill Gates. I knew for a fact that I wanted a tough read and that it should be about one of these two people. After some research I found a book that I knew I would like. And this was Walter Isaacson's "Steve Jobs". As of this point in time I have read 539/571 pages, and am about to finish the book. In the duration of this book, Steve Jobs hasn't had many obstacles. In total there are two major obstacles. One of which has a solution, the other doesn't. The first was already mentioned and it is that in 1985 Steve Jobs was fired from Apple, the company he started with his best friend Wozniak. However this did not stop Steve Jobs from continuing his control of computer companies. As he immediately created a new company (NeXT) with 5 of his followers. This company "NeXT" was meant to be mainly for academics, however "NeXT" was a failure but Apple was beginning to become a failure as well, so the current CEO recalled Steve Jobs back to Apple, which then grew massively. This would most likely be very hard to implement in my life as I do not possess all of the traits that Steve Jobs possessed which forced Apple to call him back. The quote above however perfectly describes the situation that Steve jobs was in, "Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith". Now onto the next obstacle. This obstacles was very simple. Steve jobs was diagnosed with cancer, which essentially sealed his invitation to join the grim reaper. Sadly, there was no way to overcome this obstacle, but like the quote instructs you to do. Steve jobs continued to deliver fantastic products. However this experience is always applied to our life because when we get older we become more conscious and realize that we are going to die, and there is no way to escape death.

1 comment:

  1. Firstly, Randy Pausch in my book, also died because of cancer. Since that is the obstacle that he can't overcome, just like Steve Jobs, he decided to spend the rest of his days meaningfully. Secondly, I liked Jobs's quote. Finally, your blog post is very specific and well written.

    ReplyDelete