Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Crooked House

Title: Crooked House
Author: Agatha Christie
Genre: Mystery
Pages: 236
By: Tatjana Wall (aka Shiki)

This week I read an Agatha Christie book for our book report. I find Agatha Christie very interesting and I quite enjoy her style of writing. She is very tricky and nothing ever goes how you would suspect. In a way its shocking. I also asked myself how she wrote these mysteries. Did she figure out who was guilty and go from the ending to the beginning or does she go back and forth the whole time, and if so, how does she keep track? I highly doubt she goes from the beginning to the end because that would be just to complicated to figure out the twisted ending to the books she writes. I find it really amazing how she manages to come up with stories like the "Crooked House." I also think to myself what even gives her those ideas. I plan to search Agatha Christie to find out if she ever went through any sad or depressing events that may cause her to write such twisted things, however I do not think so, I think she was just very creative and imaginative.

Crooked house is about a very large family, who everyone in it is ruthless, but a different kind of ruthless, according to Agatha. A boy is in love with a girl in that family, but they cannot marry because there has a been a murder of her very wealthy, cunning, and clever grandfather. She needs to know who murdered him before her and Charles get married. The book is from Charles's perspective and his father is a detective working on the case, he is helping his father solve the case. I will not yet tell you the characters, for you will see when I present, also if I told you the characters, it would mean nothing unless I told you the murder, and if I told you the murder you shall not believe me. You'll just have to wait.

The image below may not at all fit the title but if you read the book you shall see how cleaver this actually is. I have a different cover on my book, but I prefer this one. I think it impossible to guess what the objects have to do with the story, but I assure you if you read the book you will be not be disappointed (the opposite actually!) And you will know exactly what this image means  and you will giggle and snort with me.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. I want to read it. I have a feeling it is very exciting while you read it. You wrote it with such good feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Stefan and I really do recommend this book. Agatha Christie is a very good writer. She is known for her classics.

    ReplyDelete