Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Scary Stories 3

Author: Alvin Schwartz
Pages: 115
Name: Scary Stories 3
-Alex L.

   I have a weird sense for books and movies, I don't like all the sorts of genres and every single movie or series a girl likes. Most people watch Glee or something like that, I don't, I enjoy watching E! sometimes but most of the time I watch investigation discovery. I have always been interested in reading/watching scary stories and actually relating to them. The first time I got this book I thought it wasn't going to be anything special, but once I started reading it I realized that actually it can give you chills. Read this:
A girl was late for supper, she took a short cup through the cemetery. At a point she noticed she was getting nervous because of the darkness, a few seconds later she spotted a little girl(about her age). She walked closer and said, "Could I walk with you?I get scared walking alone in the dark." The other girl responded, " I understand what you mean, I felt the same when I was alive."
Now imagine you would be in that little girls body, some one telling you they felt the same when they were

alive?  
  Imagine meeting death when you go for a ride in your car and you get surprised of course, you go back home and tell your parents your going to the city because you need to get over it... Your dad decides to go see if your saying the truth, meets death and asks him why he scared you? He simply excuses himself for scaring you and tell him it was a mistake, that your real appointment is in the city in a few hours.
Both these stories wouldn't be as pleasant to live through. Yes, this book might be a bit easy to read and not exactly one of the hardest ones, but it is 100% amusing and I think anyone who wants to read something fun and something for a reason should definitively read this book, and maybe even you will have one of these experiences once in life. If I were to rate this book I would give it a 10 because it is sometimes hard to understand the whole purpose of the scary story, but once you understand it could be a bit disturbing. Also the pictures inside the book help you understand so after all I think the author did a good job creating this book and if you are up for some "Hair-raising tails" as the author would say, this is a great book to start with.


1 comment:

  1. Great Alex! We do have different tastes but I think that I would kinda enjoy reading this book! Your post definitely inspired me! Good job!

    ReplyDelete