Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hatchet- Gary Paulsen

Title- Hatchet
Author- Gary Paulsen
Genre- Adventure
Pages- 192
Posted by- Ajda Mozetic

This week I read a book called "Hatchet". I have read the book back in 5th grade but I never finished it with the rest of my group which is why I decided to read it again. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

When the pilot of a small, two-person plane has a heart attack and dies, Brian has to crash land in the forest of a Canadian wilderness. He has little time to realize how alone he is, because he is so busy just trying to survive. And learning to survive, to plan on food not just for a day but until and if he is rescued, only begins when he stops pitying himself and understands that no one can help him. He is on his own, without his divorced father, whom he was to visit, or his mother, whom Brian saw kissing another man before the divorce. This is a heart-stopping story: it seems that at every moment Brian is forced to face a life-and-death decision, and every page makes readers wonder at the density of descriptive detail Paulsen has expertly woven together. I really think that kids who love reading about wilderness and adventure should read this book! It is a great book and if you decide to read it I hope that you enjoy it ad much as I do!

Hope you liked this blog post! See you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Nice summary, looks like a survival book... Did you take it from the library or is it your own? Good job anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post I loved this book when we read it in 5th grade over all nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds like a cool book :)
    yeah, I also wanna know, did u borrow it from the library?
    good job :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! No my uncle sent me book from America and it was one of them! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete