Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2011


The Title of the book I am reading is Sarah's Key. It is by Tatina De Rosnay. What my book is about is the setting in is Paris, July 1942. Sarah a ten year old girl is taken with her parents by the french police as they go door to door aresting Jewish fmilies during the night. But her little brother Micheal does not want to go. So Sarah locks him in the cupboard saying that he will be safe and that she will come back the next day. But Sarah does not know about being sent to the camps or anything like that. But first they are sent to the Velodrome where all the Jewish familes are stuck there for a couple of days with no food or water. Then they are sent to the camps. She and her mother are separated from her dad. And then later on at the camp they separate the mothers from the children.

So questions you might be wondering is,
Will she be able to get out of the camp?
Will she be able to go back to Paris?
Will she be able to come home and get her brother out from the cupboard?

Sixty years later so it is 2002. Sarah's story intertwines with Julia Jarmond, an American journalist investigating the roundup. In her research Julia somehow finds a trail of secrets that link her to Sarah.

So far I am really enjoying this book. It is very sad at some parts but it is a very good book. So in this book the facts are true about the camps and the Velodrome and the French police rounding up all the Jewish people. But the story and the people is not true. I have almost finished this book I hope there is a happy ending.


1 comment:

  1. I would really love to read this book! I hope that I can borrow it! I hope that there is a happy ending too! I hope that Sara can get back in time to safe her little brother! Good blog post Hanns!
    Ajda,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete