Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Family and Other Animals. Week 1

Written By Gerald Durrell
Genre: Funny Autobiography
 

This book is about Gerald Durrell himself. It talks about how Gerald was little when he moved to Corfu, Greece. Gerald always loved to adventure on the small island. Everyday something new, either its a bug, a birds, a nest, a new friend human or animal. A lot of the book talks about is how much Gerald loves the outdoors but then one day is mother said "He needs to be schooled". So every thursday morning his teacher for all of the subjects would come over and teach him. Gerald wasn't very fond of math or english so he wouldn't focus, his mind was somewhere else. As a result his teacher had to find a way to include wildlife and animals in to the problem or the books.

 I really like that this book includes so much animal life, and so many adventures. I thin that Gerald is just like e except a boy. I love wildlife animals and most importantly adventuring. The start of the book to me was kind of funny because Gerald's mother was cooking in the kitchen in England and then Larry walks up (Gerald's brother) and says " Why don't we pack up and go to greece"! Only after a little bit of convincing his Mother says"ok". This would never happen now, well at least with my parents.
I don't have any dislikes about this book, it is a fascinating,fantastic comedy for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment