Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Lies by Micheal Grant By Alfie Norris







This book is the third in a series of books where in a small town in California one day everyone over the age of fifteen disappears and the town of Perdido beach gets sealed off in a huge dome. A kid calls Sam assumes his place as leader along with his girlfriend Astrid they make a council and try and restore order with the dwindling food shortages. But some kids start developing mutant powers and begin to fight with each other. The children from Coates Academy, a school for undisciplined children start fighting with Sam and his kids over who gets to control period beach. This entire series of books is about all of the difficultiesthey face and later on how Zil and his gang of thugs set fire to the town. I found this series of books very interesting and I would definitely recommend them they open up your mind to all of the possibilities and maybe life won’t always be the monotonous lumber that it is usually. I also really enjoyed this book because it is in one of my favourite genres and with many different plots all running simultaneously. Here is an important quotation from the book: ‘Nice place,’ Sam said, looking around at his rocky perch. ‘If only I `had a cooler of some sodas and I’d be all set.’I think his sarcasm explains and illustrates how little food they have. So there you have it this is the third book I read this year.


3 comments:

  1. Wohw!!! Alfie i really like that you put the most exciting parts in. I actually feel like reading this book. I sound kind of like the simpsons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this story, very interesting and just like sofia said I liked your explanation! well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a really nice presentation and you described it very well. It seems a really interesting story and I would like to read it once I finish mine. Great job Alfie. Keep on working.

    ReplyDelete