Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Party Shoes

Title: Party Shoes
Author:  Noel Streatfeild
Genre:  Fiction

I have been reading this book called Party Shoes.  It is about a girl named Selina who is a 13 years old.  Selina gets a present from her Godmother in America. This is a big deal because the book takes place during World War 2 and Selina lives in England with her Aunt and Uncle, who is a doctor, and her several cousins.  In the package was the most beautiful party dress with matching silk shoes.  Selina was so happy.   She really wanted a new dress and this dress was extra special.  It was more of a gown and it makes her seem older. There is only one problem.   Selina has nowhere to where the dress.  She is most afraid that she will outgrow it before she has a chance to wear it. She and her cousins come up with a brilliant plan that keeps growing and growing who knows where it will lead. So far, even though I have not read much of this book, I love it.  I have read another book by the same author before and I thought it was really interesting.  I think this book will be just as good as the last.



1 comment:

  1. Wow Emma! Awesome book! I really want to read it after! I hope she wears the dress!!!!!

    ReplyDelete