Search This Blog

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Chinese Cinderella

Chinese Cinderella
Adeline Yen Mah
Pages read: 197/197

In Chinese Cinderella, the most surprising event was for me when Adeline was sent to Tianjin to a boarding school, because she lied to her step-mother, Niang. I found this event surprising because Adeline was very young to be sent to a boarding school. The strongest emotion that I felt throughout reading this book was sad. Adeline was always treated very badly even though she tried her best to make her family proud. I also felt sorrowful for Adeline, because I thought that she didn't deserve hatred from her family. Even though her family thought that she is a bad luck, Adeline never gave up. At the end of the book, Adeline wanted to go to England with her brother, but she knew her father wouldn't allow her. To convince her father she entered a writing contest, and won an award. Her father was very impressed and sent Adeline to England to do medical studies. At the end of the book I was very thrilled for Adeline.


No comments:

Post a Comment