Search This Blog

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Tales of Childhood - Aleksa Djuraskovic



The book I'm reading is 'Tales of Childhood' by the legendary writer Roald Dahl. He starts of by telling us that this is not an autobiography and that he would never write one but its just a pile of events that are not important. These events were left like a scar in his head since they left such a huge impression on him. I like this since I don't like boring autobiographies but fun and exciting events that I know are true meaning they can happen to anyone including me. Two words that I found were:
Ingenious- Showing inventiveness or skill, "He kept his ingenious instrument in a slim leather case and carried it in his pocket wherever he went."

Amiable-Diffusing warmth and friendliness, "Their own father, an amiable giant nearly seven foot tall, lacked the drive and ambition of his sons, and he refused to support this tomfool idea."

2 comments: