Search This Blog

Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Boy on the Wooden Box

The Boy on the Wooden Box
By:Leon Leyson

In The Boy on the Wooden Box the most surprising thing I found was that Schindler freed about 1,200 Jews. He was a Nazi and Nazis hated Jews so this both surprised me and gave me a good feeling that there might have been people like Oskar. The passage where Oskar freed all the Jews at Emalia was awesome because everyone (me included) cheered in the book. This was the happiest moment in the book because they all lived and were going to go home. But another surprising thing was that the Jews stayed, and waited for the Czech authorities. When they came all the Jews went to their homes via Czechoslovakia trains. In this passage I thought to myself "I don't think they should stay, they are free, go home". All in all the Jews and Schindler were the most surprising people in The Boy on the Wooden Box.

2 comments:

  1. I think that you described the summary in detail and gave all your emotions in it that was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am reading the same book as you, so it was interesting to compare what you thought of the events to my opinion. I share your surprise about Oscar Schindler. It was nicely written to.
    Martin

    ReplyDelete