Search This Blog

Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Mango-Shaped Space

Title: A Mango-Shaped Space 
Author: Wendy Mass
Number of pages: 219

          The book, "A Mango Shaped Space", is a very exciting fictional story! It involves a 13 year old girl named Mia who has some strange powers! This is why I want to share with you my favorite quote in the story! My favorite quote is...

"What are the bags for?" I ask as Beth lays them flat on the counter. Zack stops stirring to listen."If you must know, I'm sorting herbs for a big project I'm working on." Zack and I raise our eyebrows at each other."If you turn me into a frog, I'm telling Mom and Dad," Zack says, holding the spoon in front of him like a sword." This quote was on page 53

     I like this quote because it involves all the main characters and its a funny quote which reflects positively on the book! I also like this quote because you don't know that much about the characters, for example: How they look like or a little bit more on their personalities! 

I also like this quote a lot! "Everyone thinks I named my cat Mango because of his orange eyes, but that's not the case. I named him Mango because the sounds of his purrs and his wheezes and his meows are all various shades of yellow-orange . . ." 

I put this here because, how could she know that his purrs and wheezes are the color of yellow-orange? I also really like this quote because I have a cat and even though I don't think of color whenever my cat purrs it always gives me a feeling of content! Also this gives the reader more to think about because why does Mia see color? This was on page 174. 

No comments:

Post a Comment