Search This Blog

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Non Fic. 2 ~Petra

Three Cups of Tea
Greg Mortenson
331 pages, 95 p read




My favorite quote from this book. Hm, let's see. This book is really inspiring and full of amazing things, so it's hard to choose just one. I think my favorite, or one of them, is:

"The first time you share tea with a Balti, you are a stranger.The second time you take tea, you are an honored guest. The third time you share a cup of tea, you become family, and for our family, we are prepared to do anything, even die."
Haji Ali, p. 150

I really love this quote because it shows how much the Balti care for their family, and it shows that even if you are a stranger to them, an infidel, you can grow to be close to them, and gain their trust. If you can do that with an isolated village high up in a mountain, I believe you can with anyone. Of course, out of what I've read about them, the Balti are wonderful people, but I guess everyone is, if you look deep enough.


1 comment:

  1. I think that your quote is funny and the I think there is a good amount of text.

    ReplyDelete