Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Blue Cats and Chartreuse Kittens: How Synesthetes Color Their Worlds

Blue Cats and Chartreuse Kittens: How Synesthetes Color Their Worlds
Patricia Lynne Duffy
208 pages

       First of all I found out about synesthesia by a children's book called, "A Mango Shaped Space" by Wendy Mass. I got interested and decided to read more about it. This is what my book is about! First of all I was excited to find out that only about two out of 1,000 have synesthesia! There are also different kinds of synesthesia. There is a kind that makes you see different shapes whenever you hear a certain noise or another kind is that every alphabet letter and every number has a color! For example: The author of this book has synesthesia. When she was little she had trouble writing the letter R. For her P was a yellow letter and R was a orange letter. When she finally found out how to draw the letter R. She was amazed to see that she could change a yellow letter into an orange letter by just adding a line! This could help me later in life because not many people know about synesthesia and this could help me later in life because if one of my classmates has synesthesia and they do not know what it is, I could help!

     I would like to learn more about how this effects the people who have synesthesia in there daily lives! I also wonder what it would be like to have synesthesia. I think some parts would be annoying but other parts I guess it would be different! A word from my book is, "photisms" the sentence it comes from is, "Some synesthetes report that their photisms are projected onto a kind of external screen." Photism is a noun and it means, "A luminous image or appearance of a hallucinatory character." This passage is from page 83 in my book!

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/photism (definition) 






No comments:

Post a Comment