Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Red Pyramid : Rick Riordan

Hi everyone! I would like to introduce the book I am reading for pleasure and the author of that book.
 
At this moment I am reading a book called The Red Pyramid written by Rick Riordan. The book is about two siblings trying to save his magician father that has been kidnapped by the evil gods of Egyptian myth. Carter, the older brother and Sadie the younger sister, both have been living separatly in different continents. When they met again, it was hard to resist the awkwardness of the two siblings since Carter had an american accent while Sadie spoke with an english accent, but when their father god "sucked in" to the ground of the British museum in front of the Rozeta Stone. With the help of their Uncle who is also a magician like their father, brave Sadie plus smart Carter try to figure out the mystery of their mother's death and try to get their father back safe.
 
The author of the book is Rick Riordan. He is the author of the famous Percy Jackson Series. He was born on June 5th, 1964, in San Antonio, Texas. His biggest influence to his career was reading the Lord of the Rings. He was so deeply in love with fiction fantasy books, he started to write them at a young age and also as he grew up in a very artistic family, he wanted to be an author.
 
I really respect this author after reading his books. His books get me so involved my mom gets mad at me sometimes for reading which barely ever happens but I think everyone should read this book and not this one only but also other books that Rick Riordan has wrote.
 
Thanks, I hope you enjoyed it!
 
-sooyoungbyun7a

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment