Search This Blog

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief

Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief
Author: Rick Riordan
Number of pages: 380
Number of pages read:140
















A quote from this book that I found very interesting is: "I recoiled at the taste, because I was expecting apple juice. It wasn't that at all. It was chocolate-chip cookies. Liquid cookies. And not just any cookies - my mom's homemade blue chocolate-chip cookies, buttery and hot, with the chips still melting."- page 60

I like this quote because it is very descriptive and when I read it I could almost taste the drink that Percy was given. He was given this drink after the fight with the Minotaur and after he had been unconscious for 2 days in camp Half-Blood. Camp Half-Blood is a camp for kids who are half-human and half-gods (demigods). Demigod children are found all over the world by satyrs and brought to the Half-Blood camp to safety.

2 comments:

  1. I really like you blog post! You gave a good explanation to why you liked the quote, and made sure we understood what the quote was about. Nice job and keep up the good work! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you explained in detail and that you said and included everything the was supposed to be included. Nice job

    :)

    ReplyDelete