Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Street Cat Named Bob 
Author: James Bowen
Number of Pages: 288 

"When James Bowen found an injured cat curled up in what passed for his living space, he had no idea that a simple act of kindness would change his life." -Unknown 
                

What facts did you enjoy learning about? Why did you chose this particular part? 
     I enjoyed learning about the story of James Bowen's life and how he had gotten to where he is now. I chose this part because it explains his love for cats and all the difficult things he's been through. It is a really touching part to read in this book and made me feel sorry for him. You also get to know him as a person a lot more. I think that if he had not grown up with cats or had a passionate love for them he might of seen Bob but just walked past him and what would be a great experience that he would never have forgotten. It would also be a great story to tell to people who are curious. 

Did you discover anything that might help you outside of school?
     I discovered that even if you are not the wealthiest or most lucky person in the world there will still be room for a great friendship, whether it's with an animal or a person. Also, I learned that such a small action that you make can make an impact on the rest of your life that you never would imagine could happen. This could lesson could help you a lot in life especially if you lose all the hope in the world you will know that you can always go to your best friend (even if it's an animal) talk everything out and it might make you feel a whole lot better :)! 

What else would you like to learn about the topic? 
     I would like to learn more about how Bowen came to the point where he would write a book about his inspiring experience. I wonder what made him make that decision? I also wonder if he will write any more books that aren't related to his life, if he will become an author? 

Technical Word
   VENDOR: A person who sell things on the street or sell things in general, they sell small toys, magazines, newspaper, souvenirs, etc. 


4 comments:

  1. Very interesting blog post and great book :) Good job !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your book, Kaya! This one blog-post made me want to read it. I was almost in tears when reading it. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I loved your description of the different aspects. You explained things quite nicely, better than I could have done. :) I especially liked the 'anything that might help you outside of school' part. So true! ;)

    ReplyDelete