Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Blue Cats and Chartreuse Kittens: How Synesthetes Color Their Worlds


Blue Cats and Chartreuse Kittens: How Synesthetes Color Their Worlds    

Patricia Lynne Duffy                                                                                                                     

208 pages


       The book, "Blue Cats and Chartreuse Kittens: How Synesthetes Color Their Worlds." Has been very interesting for me to read! Some parts I do not like because it gives a lot of facts. I like when Patricia Lynne Duffy writes about her experiences and what it was like when she was little! My favorite part was when for example: when, "Patricia/ Patty needs a pink crayon! She goes to her dad and tells him that she needs a pink crayon. He shows her how to use a red crayon and a white crayon to make pink! Patty doesn't want the new mix. She wants her crayon! So her dad goes into the kitchen and he grates the red crayon and the white crayon! He melts the crayons and puts it into a broken pen dispenser. Then he bakes them for awhile. Patty is amazed that when the crayon comes out of the oven  it is a brilliant shade of pink!" I really like this passage because it shows how synesthesia effects the lives of young people. For her she couldn't imagine not having a pink crayon and she didn't want to blend two colors just by lightly coloring one color on top of the other! My quote is, "I watched in amazement as the new pink crayon was born." 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I really like the quote you picked and I think that your summary was very detailed and interesting! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete