Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2012

The Last Lecture

Sooyoung Byun
The Last Lecture











By Randy Pausch (Autobiography)

Hey guys! The title of the non fiction book is called "The Last Lecture". It is about a man with a perfectly normal life having health problems and having to plan what he is going to achieve in his few months before death. The man's name is Randy Pausch, and he has more than ten tumors in his liver which is the problem of his death. I never knew there was this "thing" of knowing when you are going to die and to prepare your family's life after your death. He spent weeks thinking of how to spend his last few months, and thought of with his wife and three kids or something else. Then he came up with an idea. He is a lecturer and he wanted to make his last lecture at Carnegie Mellon college. He wanted it to be more special than what all the other professors have done there.

I think later on in the book he plans and makes his lecture to the students. I think this book will be extraordinary since the librarian recommended it to me and even my soccer coach, Mr. Daws said that many of his quotes he uses for soccer is based on this book and he told me this book is great. I am really looking forward to reading it.

-sooyoungbyun7a

No comments:

Post a Comment