Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Animalogy-Conquest Of The World

Title: Animalogy-Conquest Of The World

Author: Bassam Imam

# of pages read: 100 pg.

Picture: 






This book is not an auto/biography, this is learning about pertaining to animal use, animal consumption, animal conservation, and animal protection. The site that I got it from is: http://www.free-ebooks.net/ebook/Animalogy-Conquest-of-the-Animal-World. A cool fact that I came across while reading this book was that there are about 80 million cats in the world and 70 million dogs in the world. There are more cats than dogs! But, between 5 to 7 million cats and dogs are put in animal shelters annually. This is very interesting to me because I never knew that about 5 to 7 million cats and dogs become stray dogs and maybe just some of them are taken to animal shelters. The worst part is that it happens annually.

These types of information can help us in school because for our CAS meeting (community and service), we decided to go to the animal shelter to give the dogs equipment such as toys, give them baths, walk them, etc.  We will do this by raising enough money to get some treats for the dogs. This is also the reason why I was interested in this book. I wanted to know more about the animal world. More things that I would like to know are how dogs and cats behave, what diseases they could carry, more about Bassam's interests with animals, and more thoughts of the author. A meaning I had no idea of was the word, prevalent. This word was in page number 60. I found out that prevalent means:

widespread; of wide extent or occurrence; in general use or acceptance.
2.
having the superiority or ascendancy.
3.
Archaic . effectual or efficacious.

From: dictionary.reference.com







3 comments:

  1. I really like your blog post and the book you're reading sounds really interesting and I really like the fact that there are 80 million cats in the world :)

    ReplyDelete