Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Marie Antoniette


Title of book: Marie Antoniette
Author of book: Antonia Fraser
Number of pages: 458
Number of pages read: 60


The book I'm reading at the moment is a biography about the french queen Marie Antoniette. The book has a total of 458 pages, and in these sixty pages I read, I learned about the begging go Marie's life, which isn't as perfect as it seems. During these pages, I saw and read how people used to live in the past, and when I compare it to today, it is a very big difference. One of my favorite parts in part one, was how there were very strong descriptions of her, and her dresses. The book clearly stated how she would only get the finest of everything. One of the most interesting, but still scary in the same time, was one of the facts I learned about how people used to marry people younger then eighteen. No, I haven't discovered anything yet that might help me in daily life, or somewhere out of school, but I sure did learn a lot from the pages I read so far. Honestly, I think this book is very though, so most of the words I have to look up (which is really good practice) online or in a dictionary because I don't understand them. The book as I said in the previous sentence is very difficult to understand, but once you put your mind to it, its as easy as any other one. There is no interesting technical word, because most of them are in French, so i don't understand. But If I had to choose one, there would probably be the ones on page 28, where it talks about smallpox, and other subjects such as those.


1 comment: