Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Golden Filly - Lauraine Snelling

Hello,
These past few days have been long and tiring with play and schoolwork, but I have started  to read a book. Right now I'm reading the Golden Filly by Lauraine Snelling. There are two collections of the book, and five books in each collection. The first book, The Race consists of 123 pages. There will be a summary of what I have read, and then a few interesting or new words that I have found.
Tricia Evanstan has a passion that she shares with her father about horses. She is being trained from her father to be a jockey, and they both have ambitious desires to win the Triple Crown in the horse race. Although their family seems to love horses, Tricia's mother didn't, she hated horses, she wished that her husband did not encourage their obsessions of horses. Suddenly her father became very sick, and he slowly started to pass away. Things are tough all around, especially in their household.
There were also a few words that I found intriguing in this book. The first word is "Furlong".Though I know this word already, I thought it had quite interesting name, so I decided to write about it. A furlong is an amount of distance such as a kilometer or a mile. It is equivalent to 220 yards, and 201. 16800 meters. In a sentence, you could say "Just another furlong, then the black mustang can be running free." Another word I found was jockey, it's a person who rides horses as a profession. If you wanted to use this word in a sentence you could say, "He's a former champion jockey."
Well that's about all I have read so far, and I hoped you enjoyed this post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment