Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Paper Towns

Paper Towns

Paper Towns, by John Green, is the novel I have currently read 73 pages of. Throughout this novel I have become familiar with the characters of Quentin "Q" Jacobsen and Margo Roth Spiegelman, as well as Ben Starling and Marcus "Radar", who are the best friends of Q.

As the story kicks off we are met with nine year old Margo and Q who find the dead body of a middle aged man, in the children's park. From there the two stopped talking, until one day during their senior year Margo comes through Q's window in the middle of the night asking to borrow his car. After which the two go on a wild hunt to avenge all the wrongs done to them, with twelve carefully planned out schemes. With which they break into SeaWorld, leave flowers for one of Margo's friends, but also leave catfishes for three others.

Two words I have found in this novel that were unfamiliar to be me were: adjacent and Bonam Noctem. The first adjacent means next to or adjoining something, this word was found on the page 17. Meanwhile, Bonam Noctem is a Latin phrase meaning "seize the night", just as the other word I found on that same page, page number 70, Carpe Diem is a Latin phrase meaning "by the day". The sentences that I have created using each other these words are: as I walked by, I noticed that the two buildings were perfectly adjoining. As well as, even though throughout the day nothing was done, I still managed to Bonam Noctem (seize the night).

1 comment:

  1. The book sounds extremely interesting and I think I'm going to read it! I watched the movie trailer with Cara DeLevingne, my idol, and I can't wait for it to come out :D

    ReplyDelete