Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2015

recipes

In my last blog post I wrote about a book I’m reading at this moment. Unfortunately this week I wasn't able to read any of it, mostly because of the play rehearsals. However I do have a subject to write about (I’m not completely sure if it’s a good topic to write about). Since my mom is currently in Poland, my dad and I are struggling with lunch and dinner ideas. We know how to make chicken, a salad and that’s pretty much where the list ends. Because of that,  I decided to read some recipes and articles about cooking. There is a bunch of that in the internet! The first recipe I read about was how to make chicken breasts with coating. I kind of knew how to do that before, but I wanted to be sure I’m right. I got the info from this polish site: http://kotlet.tv/. So, on the site it said to dip the washed and salted meat into one egg, mixed with two table spoons of milk. Next, roll it in breadcrumbs and put it on an oiled pan. Done! That was a surprisingly easy recipe that I used for a long time. The next recipe I wanted to try out was the avocado paste. I love eating all kinds of pastes, so I thought that would be a good sandwich topping. I got the idea from http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/perfect_guacamole/, yet I barely used any of the ingredients mentioned in there. What I used to make it was of course avocados (I only used a half of an avocado, because the other half was literally hard as rock), tomato, a bit of cheese, 2 tea spoons of soy sauce, a pinch of wasabi, ½ tea spoon of lemon and probably something else I don’t remember. I mixed it all together and spread it on some bread. The food I made was extremely easy but I’m just learning. I acknowledged some words I did not understand like:
To acidulate- to add lemon, vinegar or acid to a meal to make it more sour and stronger.
“Stuff the duck meat with some lemon and orange skin to acidulate it”
Bake blind – to bake the dough before adding the ingredients like cheese or vegetables in it.
Because my dad invited some guests over, I decided to make a tart with smoked salmon and 
asparagus. To do that I first had to bake blind the dough. After roasting the pastry, I added
asparagus with salmon and baked it again.

I do have some polish lectures I could have had summarized, but they are so weird and boring that I barely know what’s happening in them. And most of the words I don’t understand (which is almost every in the book) don’t even exist in English.
I'm sorry for the quality of the picture. It looked better in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment