Search This Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Tied by Sky Tsuda Pillsbury

I'm reading a book that is still being written by the author. Sky sent it to me to read the first few chapters. This is actually a really good book. She phrased things well and it sounds really good. its about a Girl named Seraphina. The beginning it sounds like Sera is being held as a prisoner somewhere. Sera seems like a girl that keeps her word. She said she would never hurt a soul in her life. And I was starting to think she cant keep that. These people are threatening her. She also seems to be the type of person who isn't afraid to speak their mind. I think she doesn't care what would happen to her. She is very brave. And she's also not afraid to admit things; to be honest. Sky explained everything very well in the story. I could imagine everything like it was a short film. The explanations of the characters were also very good. Sera has a black eye and one white one. I love the way the book is laid out. The reasoning's why she has different colors in the eye and many other things. 

The book has very familiar words, i knew all of them, but two words I don't use very often are: cliché and flinching. Cliché means: a phrase or opinion that is overused and betrays a lack of original thought. Flinching means: make a quick, nervous movement of the face or body as an instinctive reaction to fear or pain. 

It is Cliché that people in the past thought the earth was flat. 

The second the biker fell down, he flinched and looked away.

Sky, this is a really good book! Looking forward to reading more of it!

HN

2 comments:

  1. This is very interesting. That sky made her own book. Let me know when you finish. It sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds awesome!!! I think I'd enjoy reading it. It's impressive that Sky made a book :) You go Sky!!

    ReplyDelete