Search This Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pretty Little Liars

One of the books I’m reading at this moment is “The Pretty Little Liars” by Sarah Shepard. I’m currently on the 6th book (Killer), 2nd chapter. I started reading it a few days ago and it’s already filled with a bunch of new events. So basically the whole series is about a girl from Rosewood named Alison and her friends Aria, Hannah, Spencer and Emily. Some time ago Alison somehow got murdered and the rest of the girls are trying to find out who did it and how it happened. The 6th book starts with a little reminder of how Alison and the girls met. Emily, Aria, Hannah and Spencer wanted to steal Ali’s school flag; meanwhile they realize that it has already been stolen. The 2 words I have not understood were trellis and embroidered. I could kind of get the meaning from the context but I still wasn't sure enough.
Trellis – a wooden/sometimes metal frame used to support plants. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/trellis
In the novel the narrator described Alison’s old house, which had a few trellises laying against the wall.
Embroidered – (embroidery) a kind of decoration used on clothing. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/embroidery
The reason for this word occurring in this book was because of Ian’s coat. Ian is a character suspected for killing Alison. He just owned a coat with “embroidered” patches.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I love this book! This blog post is one of the best I've read. Not only because I love this book but because its really good! Keep up the good work!
    HN

    ReplyDelete