Search This Blog

Friday, March 20, 2015

Tales of Ancient Egypt-Roger Lancelyn Green

   The book I'm currently reading is Tales of Ancient Egypt by Roger Lancelyn Green. I've read till page ninety two. I chose to read this book because our English teacher announced that we are going to write a history novel in the next quarter, so I decided to read some history fictions or tales that already exist.
   This book is telling us tales of Ancient Egypt from 3200 B.C. until 30 B.C., divided in to three categories which are tales of the Gods, magic, and adventure. I've read all of the tales of Gods, and I find it very amusing. The more I read, the greater the curiosity. I never knew the theory of world's creation of Ancient Egypt, and it's quite fascinating that the people in thousands of years before had thought of such things with great imagination. I have always thought of Egypt as a mysterious and magical country with bunch of pyramids, so I have been curious about who was the first to be buried in a pyramid, how the people had built the gigantic pyramids, who was the fist pharaoh, or how the people had lived in Ancient Egypt. I was gripped when I started reading this book, and I couldn't stop flipping the pages.
Word 1 expedition
Definition a journey undertaken by a group of people with a particular purpose, especially that of exploration, research, or war.
Sentence The pharaoh was worried but excited to go on his first expedition.

Word 2 reverent
Definition feeling or showing deep and solemn respect.
Sentence Everyone could feel that he was showing great reverent to his pharaoh.

2 comments:

  1. Your post was very descriptive. Great job. That's probably a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great description! I think it's a great idea that I would have never thought of to read a book about what we will be doing! I am so exited to hear the story you will write! :) I am also very curious about who was the first Pharaoh and how Ancient Egypt worked!
    Shelly xx

    ReplyDelete