Search This Blog

Sunday, September 14, 2014

4:50 From Paddington - Cosmo

Hey people, this is a first blog post for the first assigned book report of the year, with a topic of mystery novels! The book I chose to read is called 4:50 from Paddington, written by Agatha Chistie. So far I read to the 42nd page, and I realize I really should devour more pages in the future since the book report should by finished in about a month. For interests, the story is a 'Miss Marple Mystery', which indicates that Miss Marple plays a role in the story.

Now about the story, 4:50 from Paddington is what I from so far understand a murder mystery because I am only on the 42nd page of a total booming 217.  I strongly believe it is a murder mystery because a woman gets strangled on the train, and Ms. McGillicuddy, an elderly woman who is the apparent only witness to this murder. The rest of what I have read circles that sight and I think only one clue has appeared yet. In my opinion the book is very interesting and entertaining to the reader and I find it simply divine. I would note the mood is very mysterious and maybe a tiny stench of unhappiness but that would really be it.

The setting of the book is a few different places, but I'll try to list them all. First, Ms. McGillicuddy is located at the train and the train station, where she witnessed the murder. After, she is welcomed to come have a cup of tea at her friend Miss Marple's place and she informed of the kill. She decides to spend the night there and calms down. Another setting is a rather cheap hotel in Brackhampton, close to Miss. Marple's place, when Miss. Marple decides to meet a famous detective and close friend, Lucy Eyelesbarrow in a Muffy sort of place that was unidentified. She asked for a favor to invest the case, and stay with the family Crackenthorpe, in a house as a maid. I stopped right in the setting of she investigating the garden and actually possibly finding a first clue...

Well, that was it folks,
Cosmo :D

2 comments:

  1. Cool post! The book sounds interesting! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post cosmo. Now I want to read the book :/

    ReplyDelete