Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Funerals Are Fatal/After the Funeral by Agatha Christie

Hi, as you know, I'm reading Funerals are Fatal by Agatha Christie. I'm on page 160/213 pages, so I have nearly finished...

As usual, in Agatha Christie novels the conflict is the murder, kidnap etc. In this case it is in fact, two murders. One, very obvious, bloody one and one very cunning and sly one. Surprisingly the two murders are connected in some way and I presume the murderer is the same in each case as well.

The first victim was Mr. Richard Abernethie. He was the head of family and was presumed to have a natural death in his sleep until his sister blurted out after the funeral that she believed him to have been murdered. Suspiciously, she was murdered two days later. I presume that this was because whoever might have murdered Mr. Abernethie didn't want her to blurt out any more information. Whereas we don't know how Mr. Abernethie was murdered we do know that his sister was hit over the head several times with a hatchet, during her sleep.

The conflict is that the murderers in both of the cases haven't been found yet and it is Detective Poirot's job to find out who did it.

This conflict is definitely man vs man as the two 'men' are the murderer and the victim in both cases. That is very clear in the novel. Personally, I have absolutely no idea who might have done either of the murders, but am kind of ruling out some characters such as Mr. Abernethie's wife and brother.

I am really enjoying this book and STRONGLY recommend it, if you want a book with a mixture of suspense and violence. 

2 comments:

  1. That was awesome! I love all the details you put in and want to read it myself! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post!
    I love your word usage and flow of the text, plus now I am interested in reading the book myself!

    ReplyDelete