Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2014

After the Funeral ~ Agatha Christie

Pages: 67/242 
Author: Agatha Christie 
Title: After the Funeral

Hello everyone. I am reading "After the Funeral" by Agatha Christie. For now, I don't exactly know who the protagonist and the antagonist are, so I will just list the characters. 
This novel so far is very interesting and I can't wait to finish reading it. There are many characters, so I won't mention them all. 
Here is the list of the characters:
Mr. Entwhistle - He is the solicitor of the Abernethie family
Richard Abernethie - He is the oldest brother of a big family. He died when he was 68. 
Cora Lansquenet - Sister of Richard. Murdered with a hatchet. She was not a very skilled artist, but loved art. 
Miss Gilchrist - She was Cora's servant and companion. She lived in a rented house with Cora. 
Timothy Abernethie - He is the only surviving brother of Richard. He is also an invalid and very grumpy.
Maude Abernethie - She is Timothy's wife. 
Lancscombe - He is a butler at Enderby Hall
Inspector Morton - He was the one who investigated Cora's death. 
Susan Banks - She is Richard's niece. 

Even though I don't know yet, I think the protagonist in this story is Mr. Entwhistle because he shows up wherever the story happens and he helps everyone. He was also very hit by Cora's death, even though Cora was not a person he understood. Everyone calls Mr. Entwhistle for help. 
The antagonist in this story I think is Miss Gilchrist. She claims that she wasn't there during the death of Cora, and said she was in the library then. Even though a window was broken during the murder, I think she did it to hide the fact that she killed Cora. 

1 comment:

  1. Dude, lol turns out I am reading the same book, just a different title XD

    ReplyDelete