Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Funerals are Fatal/After the Funeral by Agatha Christie

After the Funeral
After the Funeral / Funerals are Fatal (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Hi Guys!
So I literally had a panic attack today. I lost my book. I looked everywhere in my house to the extent of looking in the fridges and bathrooms. I looked it up on my nook. Couldn't find it. Looked it up on mum's kindle, couldn't find it. Accidentally found that it has to names approximately two minutes ago and then managed to find it and but it and all's well.

Anyway, back to the point. Currently I'm on page, well as I'm reading it on the kindle, I'm not quite sure, but what I do know, is that it is the beginning of chapter 16!
 
There are many different characters in this novel, just like most Agatha Christies. They always have really unique, quirky characters that make you either seriously depressed, happy or confused. This is one of the main reasons Agatha Christie is such a fantastic writer. None of the characters in any of the 80+ books she has written are remotely similar. Well, out of the ones I've read, which is a fair few.

Some people might think differently, but for me, the detective, Hercule Poirot is the protagonist. Without him the story would have a lack of humour and the mystery definitely couldn't be solved, and I don't know about you but mysteries that are left unsolved really bother me. He also happens to be my favourite character.

Hercule Poirot, is a Belgium, not French detective. Be careful with that, he gets extremely sensitive when people call him French, which they tend to do. He is cunning, hilarious without meaning to be and completely and abnormally clever. He's not clever as in 'honor-roll student,' but doesn't miss anything. Whether it be wax flowers, perfume bottle names or broken drains, he always manages to connect the weirdest things to the murder, kidnapping, robbery etc. He has an awesome moustache, not very visible in the picture below, is a very small man, and this specific book, he is retired at the age of approximately 65.
Peter Ustinov as Poirot in Evil Under the Sun
Peter Ustinov as Poirot in Evil Under the Sun (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I'm not sure the protagonist in this book is the most obvious one, but like all books there is one. In this book the protagonist is the murderer. The one who killed two people in this book and attempted at poisoning another. I know I can't tell you their physical appearance, as, like with most mystery books, I have absolutely no idea who the murderer is. But, what I can tell you is what I would think their personality would be. They would have to be extremely cunning and crafty as I have absolutely no idea whatsoever how they could possible have done the first murder. They have to have a hint of evil. Well, more than a hint. They are probably confident and courageous, as killing someone isn't the easiest task in the world. I'm guessing...

I will look forward to doing my next blog post on this book, and strongly recommend it. So far, I give it a 9.7 out of ten!



5 comments:

  1. Wow Gwendy this is an amazing post! You did an amazing job summarizing and expaning who the characters are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant you did an amazing job expaining who the protagonist and antagonist are

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really interesting and detailed! I'd love to read this book if I have time someday! :) Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that it is all okay now that you finally have found your book. It must have been an absolute night mare!

    ReplyDelete