Search This Blog

Monday, September 8, 2014

Divergent

9-8-2014
DIVERGENT
By Sarah Vazzoler




In this blog I am going to talk about Divergent.
Divergent is a book of 487 pages written by Veronica Roth.
I give this book a fully ten out of ten because is that it is totally awesome and it is definitely one of my favorite books if not even the best. I started to read one week ago and I could not stop, it was a kind of addicting for me so I read it in four hours, then I reread it other three days in the next two or three days and after that I also watched the movie.
Divergent is a book for teenager, ether male and female since is an action story, there are some deadly, bloody and fight parts but nothing to strong, in it there is also some romance and it is also a science fiction.

What I liked most about the book is that it gives you that feeling like if you are in the story and so when you reading you are so focus that you can almost feel the guns and the shoots and the scream of the people all around you but I also like this book because is completely unique. The modern books are mostly a copying from each other and a modifying the old stories, but this book is the only book with this plot and the only one, the author, didn't copy or even get any inspiration from other stories.

The story is set in a city based on Chicago witch is delimited by a gigantic wall made hundred years before, after the war. However, most of the story is narrated in the dauntless headquarter, which is the faction that Beatrice Prior/Trice the main character of the story choose to stay with.

2 comments:

  1. I like your post and that you added the part that the author didn't copy or even get any inspiration from other stories because it is totally true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your post and thought that it was really descriptive, it makes me want to re-read the book again. By the way, Insurgent is next!

    ReplyDelete