Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Author: Ransom Riggs
# of pages read: 352/352

The conflict(s) of my story is man vs. man and a man vs. unknown. The main character, Jacob, is first trying to discover the mystery behind his grandfather's mysterious path, yet at the same time he is constantly in a silent battle against the hollowgast which he doesn't realize until near the end. It's also when he realizes what his grandfather's last request had been and why he didn't tell him sooner. Since I already read the book, I know how the conflicts were solved, well, only one technically. Jacob finds out about his "peculiar ability" and what he has been searching to find out but, fortunately and unfortunately, there is a sequel that came out this year in January, so whether he wins his battle against the Hollogasts' is a mystery soon to be revealed. In my opinion though, it's most likely that Jacob and his friends who will win, but NOT without some sacrifice and hopefully some twist in it. I mean if it took like four years to write the sequel it better be worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley :)
    I was just wondering what his peculiar ability is...

    I really like your blog post and can't wait to see your box! :)
    Gwendy

    ReplyDelete