Search This Blog

Saturday, September 20, 2014

"Paper Towns" By John Green

Paper Towns


John Green

166/305 # pages

Hey!
As you know the blog post this week is to write about the protagonist and antagonist of my book. The protagonist in my book is called Quentin Jacobsen. His friends call him Q. He is a very obedient and smart boy. He doesn't want to get into any trouble. He is kind and loving. He respects his friends and when he wants something, he will do anything to find it (In this case it is Margo, his neighbor, friend and inspiration to be different).

The antagonist in the story I am reading is Margo Roth Spiegelman. She is very different, strange, adventurous and crazy. Margo has big blue eyes and dark hair. Margo is very popular at her school, she keeps everyone together, Margo loves mysteries. She always did. As a child she and Quentin found a dead guy and she was so curious she wanted to know who he is and why he killed himself, so she went to ask his neighbor. Margo is very sneaky and naughty, too. Margo is brave and confident, she doesn't listen to her parents because they seem to not like her very much. She needs attention from people, that is why she disappeared, Margo has run away from home many times, but not for this long. Margo has been away form home for about 7 weeks. She knows her parents code for all the places they keep her money, so she can do anything she wants! Every time she runs away she leaves a clue for her parents. For example, when she was younger, she ran away to Mississippi and left 4 letters from her alphabet soup; M,I,S and P. Now she left clues for Quentin, who went on the latest adventure with her. She left many difficult and strange clues that he will try to understand. 

Margo is the antagonist because while Quentin is trying to focus and pass high-school and get into a good college, he falls in love with her. They went on an adventure together  and from then he hasn't seen her. His friends, Radar and Ben are trying to help him find Margo but tonight he will do it alone. It is prom night and everyone is getting all fancied up while Quentin explores Orlando, Florida in order to find his dear love, Margo. Has she run away? Committed suicide? Let's find out!

I am loving this book and now all the clues are starting to appear and it is becoming more interesting every second! I cant stop reading it!


Pic Link: http://johngreenbooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/PaperTowns2009_6A.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog post. I loved Paper towns when I read it and I think that your blog post portrays it amazingly. It is an amazing book and I really hope you like the end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, I think you wrote your blog post very interestingly and it was entertaining for me to read it and I now also wish to read your book. I assume it is a love story and my mind is getting all these ideas, so yeah. I just liked it very much! Good luck reading and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete