Search This Blog

Sunday, September 28, 2014

4:50 from Paddington - Cosmo

Hi everyone,
This is the third blog post I am posting on this blog, and the assigned topic was to provide information about the protagonist and the antagonist. As most of you undoubtedly know, the book I am currently reading is called 4:50 from Paddington, by famous mystery novel author, Agatha Christie. She published over 60 detective novels and 14 short-stories and is well known in a majority of the countries of the world. I finished the book after I wrote my last blog post, which indicates 26 pages, (191/217 - 217/217).

Now the conflict in my book was the same as usual in Agatha Christie books, a murder, a kidnap or something similar and in 4:50 from Paddington, a woman gets strangled on the train. The 200 pages that follow basically consists of detectives trying to identify the murderer and solve the case. It was actually very interesting because until the 216th page, the murderer is still unknown. I would state that for a majority of the book the conflict is Man vs. Unknown, because they do not know the identity of the antagonist. Lastly, the conflict is Man vs. Man, because they arrested the antagonist. Now when you read the book, I love the fact that you are reading clues that were subconsciously scattered along the plotline. The conflict is obviously about finding a reason for the murder, and resolute the truth. The characters involved with the murder, the protagonists trying to surface the truth, are Lucy Eyelesbarrow, Elspeth McGillycuddy, Miss Marple, The family Crackenthorpe and
Detective Craddock, who are all desperate to figure out who the murderer is.

I strongly recommend this book to anyone who is desperate for a read that includes a messy combination of violence and suspense/mystery, in other words, me. It is amazing!

I guess that was it for today folks,
See you on the next post,
Cosmo :D

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Cosmo! You described the book very well, and I like how you created the 'Man vs. Unknown' category.

    -Kristina

    ReplyDelete