Search This Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children

By: Ransom Riggs
352 pages/352
For my book report, I read Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. It first takes place in the twenty-first century, but the main character, sixteen year old Jacob, continually switches back and forth through a loop of September 3rd, 1940. Our main character Jacob lived in Englewood, Sarasota County, Florida, but after his grandfather's tragic death and his last plea, he ends up going to Cairnholm Island in Wales. He finds out that the island, where his grandfather went to an orphanage during World War II as a Jew, is a misty, dank, old fashioned place. The island is too far from the mainland and uses a generator that shuts down at 10 PM, there is only ONE room on the entire island to sleep in as a visitor, and the island is full of bogs, and swampy marshy areas, and high mountain with sheep. I don't want to give too much away, and hope to entice everyone to read it after my book report.

4 comments:

  1. I really want to read this book. It looks really creepy and kind of amazing, and your summary really makes me want to read it. Can you tell me when you will return the book so i can borrow it? thanks! gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't need it at the moment, but i'll return it by october 8th

      Delete
  2. WOW its so interesting and I wonder what he will do! sounds creepy and mysterious and I hope Jacob will be okay and im just asking is this from the library? because if it is i need to check it out! Amazing summery!

    ReplyDelete