Search This Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Anne Frank-A Hidden Life


Title: Anne Frank-A Hidden Life
Author: Mirjam Pressler
Genre: biography, non fiction.
Summary 1-62 pages
Anne is a girl like any other girl, just she keeps a diary that not all girls do. All her life she was hiding only because she was Jewish. Not a lot of Jews were talked about, but Anne, as a Holocaust victim was one of the bravest children, in my opinion. Imagine hiding all your life and only because of your religion. Anne was born in Germany in the 1929, but lived most of her life close or in Amsterdam in Netherlands. Anne was writing a diary everyday to explain how hard her life is since she had to hide during the German occupation of the Netherlands. Anne moved from Germany to Amsterdam when the Nazis were in control over Germany. She truly had a hard life until she died in the 1945. I researched Anne Frank after on many sites, so some information from here might no be in the 62 pages I read but I was really interested, Read the book, its truly excellent.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Elena! What a recommendation. You explained it so well. I already read the book and know what its about but I bet your summary would have made anybody read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book so so much! It was one of the best books I have ever read! I could not put the book down! I love it just so much! Anne is just the bravest person I have ever heard and read about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's really cool of how after so many years we actually found the diary an can now understand how some people lived. Many people have read this book and it sounds really good, I can't wait to ear what else you find out :)

    ReplyDelete