Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Party Shoes

Title: Party Shoes
Author:  Noel Streatfeild
Genre:  Fiction
 
 
This week I read more of the book Party Shoes.  Here is a little summary of what has happened. The kids play keeps getting bigger and bigger.  I think it is getting out of control. They have a band and even horses in the play.   It is getting way out of hand.  Pretty much the whole town is in it.   What I wonder is who will come to the performance if everyone is participating in the play.  I feel bad for Selena because she is getting pushed aside and sometimes feels left out.  In the end she is happy to become the stage manager because it makes her feel important.  In the last chapter I read, they planned out how they would dress about 200 people acting in the pageant.  That is a lot more than originally through but they found a solution. They are making dresses out of this very big piece of cloth the was left over from before the war and black out curtains no longer needed since the war in Europe has just ended.    Some people are donating outfits and the rest will be rented by the children’s father. I have to say, the pages I read this week where the best part of the book so far for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment