Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Anne of Green Gables Finishes :)

This week I finished one book and started another. I will however, only blog about the book Anne of Green Gables it was a wonderful book that I enjoyed very much. I think it was, however, below my reading standard, in fifth grade I took a test to tell me my level, it told me I was at a tenth to eleventh grade level, and I have improved since then and this book, to me; feels like a sixth grade level. The next book I am reading is a challenging book because it is made for the intellectual adult, however I find it very interesting and like the fact that I am challenging my self. That book is called Emotional Roller-coaster  by Claudia Hammond. It is a non fiction book about the psychology and study of feelings. I usually do not read these types of books, but I am glad that I am reaching out of my comfort zone and am exploring new grounds. This book explores the science of some emotions such as joy, jealousy, and anger. Something interesting in it is it says how the length of earlobes has to do with jealousy. Also in the part of joy they mention how when you ask people to write about their emotions when they notice what they feel, anger, fear, and negative emotion pop up more, but when you just call them out of the blue, the positive emotions double the negative. There are many more interesting things about this book that I will have to blog about next week. So until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment