Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blog Post Week 4 By Alex Watts

Title: The Trouble with Physics: The Rise of String Theory
Author: Lee Smolin
Pages Read: 36
Genre: Non-Fiction, Science

In this book the author explains how science is doing in knowledge of the universe, how we got to this point in knowledge of the universe, what Einstein really stated with relativity (E=MC2), how does quantum physics relate to all this, and what is the string theory really?

The String Theory is about what is the real world that we live in. It states that there are more than our dimension, and that we really live in a sort of illusion (That is what I got from the book anyway; I hope I got it right) of how really our universe is a giant computer and we live in the screen part of it. However, this theory is not "complete" so to speak. An analogy I could put out is I give you a chair, but it's legs are missing and its still going through shipping. Does it still make what I say true? Thats another thing you will have to find out in this book by reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment