Search This Blog

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Title: Report To The Principal's Office
Author: Jerry Spinelli
Pages: 134
Genre: Non-fiction/ Young adult novel



Ever thought of starting a brand new school year at a new school, filled with weird guys and no one you know? I bet this happened to most of us, new school year, new friends, and this book certainly gives an example of how this school year could go by. The way I came across this book is different from usual ways. It started out that I needed more books so I could complete blogs and so on, so my mum asked her friends for some books, but with me declining them she had to give them back. Next, she asked an other friend from some books, we borrowed those for a few weeks and I started reading them. I looked at them, and said to myself I will never read this book because it looks way to childish. As I started to finish my 4th book, I was sick of reading thick books with many pages, so I took a look at the thin books, one of the them was Report To The Principal's Office. How ever much I didn't feel like reading the book, I started reading and couldn't stop. I think I mostly enjoyed reading this book because it relates to many people life's and every action has a reason behind it.

    In this story there are 5 main characters. These 5 are all new to the school, but they share something in common, they are all about to report to the principal's office.
Sunny, used to be kind and caring, since she moved into the new school is the grumpiest kid known.
Eddie, is a wimp hoping to survive in a new school with the eighth grader.
Salem, is a girl who loves to write and make every episode of her life an "occasion."
Pickles, is just pickles. He got his name from last Christmas.
And the last but not least, the principle.
These 5 people together, make up a new generation, but none of them intensively. What a way to start a school year! Are you the person who will do anything to fail? Are you ready to be confronted as the goofiest person on Earth? Are you a crazy writer who minds their own business? How would you survive a school year if you were? Read and find out, and maybe, you will find yourself in the book.



No comments:

Post a Comment