Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hercule Poirot's Christmas #3

timeThe title of the book I am reading is "Hercule Poirot's Christmas" by Agathe Christie. This week I just finished the book by reading 319/319 pages. Anyway, in the book a murder was committed, and Hercule Poirot, must use his wits to solve this mystery, as an unofficial assistant. As not to spoil the book I will not describe the murderer,instead, I will speak of a challenge for Hercule Poirot to overcome. And this challenge is time. Time is the antagonist. The reason I call an antagonist, is because so many alibies, and other things rely on time.  To describe Hercule Poirot, I would simply say, a large Belgium man, with black, hair and a mustache. Finally I would say he is almost always dressed in formal wear. As for time, time is an abstract concept, that on cannot describe, so I will leave times description, as something infinitely puzzling. I can not give an example from the book describing time, but I can give one for Hercule Poirot. "But Mr. Poirot already has a wonderful mustache", and then "I am not the dog one sets on to hunt and then recalls because you do not like the game he puts up". Then finally for the character traits, once again I cannot describe time, but Mr. Poirot is different. I would say he is creative, and he is ambitious. In the book, a character named colonel Johnson, praises Poirots creativity, and thoughtfulness, and finally, a the end of the book when Hercule Poirot explains what really happens, and it sounds so insane, that the reader is assured that Hercule Poirot has a creative mind. Now to give examples for why he is ambitious I will repeat my other quote of "I am not the dog one sets on to hunt and then recalls because you do not like the game he puts up" and another example is when he deeply interrogates a suspect which ends u running out of the room crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment