Search This Blog

Sunday, September 8, 2013

 
The title of the book I am reading is "City of Bones".  This is the first book from the series "The Mortal Instruments".  The author is Cassandra Clare. Currently I read 82/553 pages.

I chose this book because it is a mix of mystery, adventure, and fantasy.  The main character of the book is Clary Fray.  At the beginning of this mystery book  I learned that Clare saw a murder which no one else saw.   Clary's mother also mysteriously dissappered. She called Clary by phone to warn her not to come back home and then dropped the phone. Clary rushed home to see if her mother was fine.  She didn't find her.  Instead she found herself fighting for survival against  an actual demon.
A word that I didn't know in this first part I read is TAPERED.  The definition is:
"To become or cause to become narrower towards one end".

Luka Dragoljic

2 comments:

  1. Cool, I really want to see the movie, but I bet the book is better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I really want to see the movie, but I bet the book is better...

    ReplyDelete