Search This Blog

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Mystery post #4

The Five on a Hike Together as 213 pages and is by Enid Blyton.

The first obstacle the characters run int is Timmy getting stuck in a rabbit ole and hurting his leg. This is an obstacle as well as a good thing because if it didn't happen Anne and Dick would not have gotten lost and Dick wouldn't have got the message.
"He's hurt himself somewhere," said George anxiously. (Blyton 25)
 They walked over to the nearest village hoping Timmy would walk it off but it just got worse. They stoped at the village and asked if there was a vet. There wasn't but tere was a man who was good with animals and he fixed Tim's leg.

The second obstacle was  fact that Maggie and Dirty Dick came to the lake and kept chasing the children away.
"Stop this nonsense. People aren't allowed here. Clear out before we make you!" (Blyton 137)
The children  ended up staying at the lake because of Julian who acted like a grown up and thought of a good argument quickly.
"Why are you here, then , if people aren't allowed?" asked Julian, and a hard tone came into his voice. "Don't talk to us like that." (Blyton 138)

2 comments:

  1. For the first obstacle, if I was the character and I get stuck in a rabbit hole, I would also hurt my leg and I would get freaked out because I would get really scared that I won't be able to take out my foot out of the hole again and stay there forever...

    Also, I really liked your blog post. It's very neat and organised! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did he get stuck in the rabbit hole anyways?

    ReplyDelete